It’s been a successful year for cosmetic procedures: the American Society of Plastic Surgeons has…
From Instagram feeds to the runway, thicker and fuller eyebrows are everywhere these days. The well-groomed, bold eyebrows look is currently the “in” thing because it frames the face and can transform features. But what’s one to do if they were not born with such a feature? Experts have come up with a cutting-edge solution: PRP for eyebrows.
What is PRP for Eyebrows?
PRP or Platelet Rich Plasma is a treatment that’s already found success in treating head hair loss and rejuvenating skin. It’s recently become available as a hair loss treatment that can promote and regenerate hair growth. PRP uses a patient’s own plasma and growth factors to target particular areas of hair loss. It is basically an injectable treatment that offers a natural and non-surgical approach to solving hair loss.
How Does It Work?
Your hair follicles survive on the nutrition that they get from your blood supply. PRP of the brows uses the power of your blood’s platelets to stimulate slow hair follicle growth.
At the start of the procedure, a small amount of blood is removed. The blood is then placed in a centrifuge and spun until the platelets are separated from the blood. This plasma has around five times the number of platelets found in normal circulating blood. These platelets have growth factors that promote the regeneration of body cells.
The platelet-rich plasma is then added to a special regrowth serum. This new platelet formula is put in a micro-needling device so it could be injected into the eyebrow area. The platelets will then stimulate hair follicle growth, which will lead to the appearance of more eyebrow hairs in three to four months.
Why Choose PRP for Eyebrows?
The blood plasma of humans contains active growth factors that can promote hair growth. PRP treatment uses the patient’s own blood so that the risks involved are minimal and the recovery time is pretty quick. Compared to other hair loss treatments, it is a convenient and fast procedure with natural-looking results.
Who Can Get a PRP Treatment for Eyebrows?
A PRP treatment for eyebrows is perfect for those who have thinning eyebrows due to aging, high stress levels, or overplucking. It works well with patients who have severer cases of eyebrow hair growth reduction. Platelet-rich plasma also works great for younger patients.
Just remember that it won’t give you thicker eyebrows if you’ve never had them. The procedure can’t make hair grow from follicles that have never existed. What PRP for eyebrows does do is induce hair follicles to continue hair growth. It can also make the present growth fuller and faster.
Generally, you can expect 25-30% improvement after every injection session. Treatments are often conducted every 8 to 12 weeks. Most patients see hair growth two months after the injection. We recommend a booster injection between nine months and a year to keep follicles alive.
You should not get a PRP injection if you have anemia, an infection, cancer, a low platelet count, or an abnormal platelet function.
What should I Do Before Getting a PRP Treatment?
You might need to stop taking some medications that thin your blood, such as ibuprofen and aspirin, before you get a PRP injection. You might also need to take a break from supplements or vitamins such as omega-3 fatty acids. Ask your doctor beforehand to know exactly what to do to be prepared.
While major side effects are not usually experienced after a PRP treatment, we recommend eating before the procedure because it involves drawing blood. This way, the treatment won’t make you feel lightheaded.
What should I Do After Having a PRP Treatment?
We recommend some downtime after having a PRP treatment. It is best to refrain from physical activity for around 24 hours to avoid swelling or bruising in the eyebrow area. Take note that, after the procedure, your skin may feel sensitive to the touch.
Remember to not wash your eyebrow area for 48 hours. If you feel any intense pain, notify your doctor.
Other Applications of PRP Treatments
As mentioned, PRP treatments aren’t used exclusively to restore eyebrow hair growth. If you want to learn a bit more about it before getting the treatment, we’ve compiled a list of other areas that are treated with PRP.
- Muscles and Joints. PRP treatments are used to treat muscle injuries, torn tendons, pain from arthritis, joint injuries, and tendinitis.
- Androgenic Alopecia. Hair replacement professionals and dermatologists use PRP to treat androgenic alopecia, a type of hair loss that affects both men and women.
- Facial Rejuvenation. PRP is also used to rejuvenate the face. It has been found to help plump up the skin and treat fine lines, deeper wrinkles, facial volume, and facial texture. The plasma stimulates the skin’s stem cells to produce more collagen, grow new cells, and thus rejuvenate the skin. Women who have had a PRP facelift treatment have found that their faces look even better after several months.
- Skin Texture. PRP is used to achieve a smoother and firmer skin texture, reduce spider veins and broken capillaries, even out the skin tone, and bring back the glow characteristic of younger skin.
- Dark Circles. When treating dark circles, the platelet-rich plasma is injected under the skin around the eyes. Over time, the plasma stimulates the skin and allows it to regenerate. One treatment is usually sufficient for this purpose.
- Acne Scars. Acne scars can become less noticeable with PRP treatments. They also have been found to safely and effectively reduce and heal inflammation.
- Chronic Back Pain. PRP therapy has been found to help chronic back pain by improving structural elements like joints, discs, and ligaments.
Get Attractive and Fuller Eyebrows at Vargas Face & Skin
Vargas Face & Skin is a Kansas-based company that provides facial cosmetic and reconstructive services. We also provide skincare services, facial hair transplants, medical therapy, and more.
You can trust us to administer safe and effective procedures that will enhance or heal your problem areas. Our goal is to make you look and feel your best.
Contact us today for more information or to schedule a consultation.