Hair loss is a sensitive topic that can change your appearance and be damaging to your self-confidence. Patients like you are choosing to place their trust in Dr. Hannah Vargas over other doctors due to her artistry, high level of skill and customization to your specific needs. Our team is devoted to you! We provide our patients with the necessary information and support when making a decision about their appearances and we are here to help.
Facial Hair Restoration
Learn About Hair Loss
People with thinning hair or areas of hair loss now have options to restore and maintain scalp hair. There are many causes for hair loss in both men and women. The natural tendency for male and female hair loss is genetically inherited and begins to develop shortly after puberty. At Vargas Face and Skin Center in Kansas City, we employ modern surgical hair transplantation techniques that can restore lost hair and replace or re-shape your hairline. You can regain your own natural, growing hair and wash, style, and trim as you have always done before. Your transplanted hair grafts will fool even your barber or stylist.
Hair restoration has evolved over the years including the development of follicular unit grafts. Follicular units naturally occur in groups of one to four hairs in the scalp. In early procedures, hair was not transplanted per graft, but rather a larger area graft that created an unnatural look coining the term “hair plugs.” At Vargas Hair Institute, we offer the latest in hair restoration methods, including:
During your consultation with Dr. Vargas, you’ll discuss which restoration method is right for you.
Who Can Benefit from Hair Restoration?
- Men with male pattern baldness
- Women with female pattern hair loss
- Anyone who wishes to restore or re-shape their hairline
- Patients who have experienced hair loss after illness or surgery
- Anyone with areas of scarring on the scalp preventing hair growth
- Anyone who wishes to thicken or restore eyebrows, eyelashes or beards
- Anyone who wishes to have hair in an area where they have little or no hair[/span6]
What to Know About Hair Restoration
Hair transplantation at Vargas Face and Skin Center is a safe and minor surgical procedure, with little or no discomfort in the grafted area.
- Dr. Vargas removes hair-bearing skin from the back or sides of the scalp, which are typically a source of genetically permanent hair, often called a “donor area”.
- Dr. Vargas places small follicular unit grafts onto the “recipient” area of the scalp where the bald or thinning area is located. In most cases, the areas of grafted hair will begin to grow naturally by 10 to 16 weeks after the procedure and continue to grow as normal.
Hair restoration treatments are performed in the Vargas Face and Skin Center office and are usually performed using local anesthesia. Patients return home the same day and resume normal activities in a short amount of time.