We discuss the differences and similarities between electrolysis and laser hair removal.
The Top 3 Pros of Laser Hair Reduction
Is laser hair removal right for you? Well in addition to being a permanent hair removal solution, there are three other top reasons to undergo the cosmetic procedure.
Here are the pros of laser hair removal:
- Full Body: Laser hair removal is not just for the bikini line or legs. You can opt to have it performed on your back, shoulders, face, chin, buttocks, chest, and shoulders. Both men and women commonly undergo laser hair removal procedures nowadays.
- Immediate Results: The results are long-lasting and permanent. You can hit the beach without having to worry about any unsightly stubble, razor burns, or stray hairs protruding from unwanted locations. You may need a few appointments to get your desired results but will be able to see a difference immediately.
- Saves Money: Razors, waxes, and hair removal ointments all cost money. Imagine a lifetime of purchasing those hair removal products. Your cost will quickly sore into the thousands with no end in sight. Laser hair reduction is much more cost effective in the long run.
Cons of Laser Hair Reduction
- Takes Time: Yes, you will see noticeable results, but baby smooth skin takes numerous treatments. Each treatment lasts between 20 to 45 minutes. Hair reduction is usually achieved after four to six treatments. The treatments are spaced four to six weeks apart.
- Sun Exposure: During the process, you will need to avoid exposure to sunlight. Sun exposure makes the entire process less effective.
- Not for Light Hair: In order for the laser to be successful the hair must be dark. Blonde and white hair will not absorb the laser.
What to Expect From Laser Hair Reduction
The laser emits a soft light that is attracted to the dark pigment of the hair color. Light skin with dark coarse hair is ideal for the treatment method. The laser light is absorbed by the root of the hair follicle. This destroys the follicle so that the hair can not regrow. The process is typically pain-free but some individuals experience slight discomfort in sensitive areas. However, most patients only feel a slight warming as the laser passes over the skin.
Possible Side Effects
You may experience a slight burning and redness at the site. There can be the sensation of tingling and minor swelling for up to three days following the procedure. The skin might be slightly pink and look like it has sustained a sunburn. Most people can immediately return to work after each cosmetic session.