If you want to fight signs of aging, this treatment might be perfect for you. Read our blog to learn about the pros of Vivace microneedling.
Approximately 70 percent of the human body is made up of water. Every cell and organ in your body requires sufficient water to function properly. If you do not drink enough water this chronic dehydration is aging you from inside and out. H2O helps lubricate joints, regulate body temperature, assist digestion, protect sensitive tissues, and gives skin its overall plump appearance.
How Much Water Should You Drink?
Ideally, you should drink eight glasses of water per day. It is true that you can hydrate from beverages besides water, fruits can make up for 20 percent of your water intake but pure H2o is the preferred way to stay hydrated.
Several things increase your body’s need for water such as:
- Extreme Heat
- Urinary Tract Infections
Signs Your Body Needs Water
Your body might be trying to tell you that it is not receiving an adequate amount of water. Here are a few signs that you might be suffering from dehydration.
- Lack of Energy: Even minor dehydration can drain your energy reserves making you feel groggy.
- Unable to Focus: Your brain depends on water to function. Without sufficient water, you lose cognitive abilities, according to a study done by Barry M. Popkin at the University of North Carolina.
- Moodiness: Even mild dehydration can make a person moody and more prone to pick a fight over a mundane subject.
- Hunger: Many people confuse dehydration with hunger. Your hunger pangs might actually be your body’s way of telling you that it requires water. Drink a glass of water and then wait 20 minutes before you eat. If you feel fulfilled after 20 minutes then it was not really hunger but dehydration.
- Headaches: Lack of sufficient water in your diet might cause you to suffer from headaches. If you have a headache, try drinking a glass of water to see if it clears up before you take aspirin.
- Collagen Breakdown: Without enough water, your skin will start to show signs of aging such as fine lines and wrinkles as the collagen breaks down aging you dramatically. Adding water to your diet can make you look younger and your skin will appear firmer.
- Constipation: Without adequate water in your digestive tract, you can suffer from bouts of constipation.
- Urinary Problems: Lack of water often leads to kidney stones, bladder stones, and urinary tract infections.
- Heart Issues: Your heart is a muscle and like all the muscles in your body, it requires sufficient water to continue to pump and function. If you feel faint when standing up suddenly then your heart might not be suffering from lack of water.
- Erectile Dysfunction: Every man’s worst nightmare is erectile dysfunction, but just drinking enough water often helps a man maintain an erection.
- No Tears: Dehydration leads to lack of tear production and dry eyes.
- Weight Gain: It might seem like you should lose weight if you are dehydrated but the opposite is true. When your body starts to become concerned that its water level is low then it will retain water which can make you feel bloated.
Drinking water improves your overall health, makes you feel more energized, younger, and also gives your skin a firm, healthy glow. Chronic dehydration is undoubtedly aging you and your skin. To maintain a healthy, rejuvenated appearance you should consume an ample amount of water throughout the day. This, with a few other everyday changes, will give you a more youthful appearance.