Sleeping in an upright position is crucial after undergoing a facelift. Failure to do so hinders the healing process and causes problems.
Best Ways to Get Rid of a Double Chin
Taking care of the face requires dedication and routine. Just as you would treat your under-eye with care, you should consider doing the same for your chin area. The appearance of your chin, medically referred to as submental space, plays a huge role in the overall look of the face. And so, a double chin, for example, can affect your self-esteem.
Face and neck creams, toners, and serums can help your skin look radiant but giving your face some extra TLC makes all the difference. Other than being a direct result of increased weight, a double chin can result from genetics, posture, and age.
Continue reading this article to learn some of the most efficient ways to get rid of a double chin and find the best coolsculpting double chin treatments near you.
What Can Cause a Double Chin?
The formation of excess fat layers beneath the chin, known as the submental area, leads to a double chin. The reasons that lead to a double chin vary, from poor posture to inherited conditions.
- For instance, those with a family history of sagging skin or hard-to-get-rid-of fat are more prone to developing a double chin.
- Inconsistent weight can also lead to the formation of a double chin. Be it losing or gaining weight, the skin shrinks and stretches, reflecting all indications of a double chin.
- Age is yet another reason behind the prominence of a double chin. Our skin starts aging as soon as we turn 25, and the process accelerates. The loss of elasticity renders the skin loose and leads to a double chin.
- Many won’t think posture would have anything to do with the formation of a double chin, but facts state differently. They showed a double chin could lead to the weakening of the neck and chin muscles. Not improving your posture can also cause side effects besides double chin, like a neck injury and rheumatic problems.
To solve the issue, countless face and skin clinics started applying coolsculpting double chin techniques – and received superb results.
Can a Double Chin Be Prevented?
Long story short, yes, you can prevent a double chin from forming, mainly by doing some exercises.
You can adopt a suitable workout routine to engage the muscles and get them into shape while helping your body resist unwanted changes.
Since exercise burns fat, and a double chin is fat piled up under your chin, engaging the muscles around your chin in exercise will help shed off the fat. To see results, you have to make working out a routine.
Keeping your face in tip-top shape won’t require fancy equipment.
Exercising the Chin Area at Home: Tips and Tricks to Consider
- Chewing gum: Chewing gum can benefit your facial muscles. You’ll be engaging your jaw muscles to contract by chewing a piece of gum. This will keep them working to break down the stubborn fat around your chin;
- Rotating your neck slowly: This gentle activity will activate your neck and face muscles and get them to expand and contract, thus benefiting your submental area;
- Pushing your tongue out and back in: Silly as it sounds, this activity will help your jawline and chin stay in shape. Do a set of 10-second intervals – and notice your jawline tightening;
- Bulging your lower jaw: This exercise is reminiscent of an overbite, and it can activate the jaw muscles to stretch out and stay elastic, minimizing the chances of fat forming under your chin;
- Tilting and puckering up: Tilt your head backward and pucker up your lips – it will engage your neck and jaw muscles to expand and contract.
Besides these chin-friendly exercises, you can also eliminate the annoying double chin by adopting a healthier diet. Including more fruits and veggies in your everyday meals will elevate your body’s nutrition levels, which will hamper the formation of fat throughout your body – the submental area included.
Medical professionals recommend drinking plenty of water to halt fat from forming, especially among seniors with a double chin. Also, supplementing with elastin and collagen will only further boost the effects you get with exercise and dieting.
A Medical Approach to Double Chin
Not every patient who treats a double chin with the aforementioned approaches saw favorable results.
In some cases, a double chin won’t disappear no matter how hard you try to eliminate it. Luckily, medical advancement made it possible to kiss double chin issues goodbye.
For example, cosmetic procedures like coolsculpting double chin can be of help. Such procedures target the persisting fat in the submental area and dissolve it.
Coolscuplting Double Chin: How it Works?
Coolsculpting is a cosmetic procedure that gained a huge following in recent years. This non-invasive method reduces the stubborn fat formed around the chin area. It is used for coolsculpting double chin with lasers without using any surgical tools or demanding weeks of recuperation time.
A coolsculpting session will last anywhere from half an hour to 75 minutes, depending on the volume of the treated area. Coolsculpting can be compared to laser lipolysis, but the procedure freezes the fat cells instead of melting the fat away. This way, the inactive cells will eventually pass through the body naturally. The beauty of coolsculpting lies in the non-invasive approach that leaves you with a snatched jawline and no extra folds whatsoever.
Besides redefining your jawline, the coolsculpting technique can also be used to treat fat formation in other areas of your body like the back, abdomen and thighs.
Getting Rid of a Double Chin: The Best Skin Treatment Specialist for You
Stubborn as a double chin can be, the right treatment provider can save the day. Vargas Face & Skin Center knows how to approach the issue of submental fat formation and save you from chin folds for good.
If your self-esteem has taken a hit because of the double chin you unwillingly wear, we can help you reclaim your glow. Coolscuplting double chin, facial procedures, medical therapy, rhinoplasty, skin rejuvenation, and more. Dr. Hannah Vargas and her team will give your face the revamp it deserves. Contact us today to learn more about our top treatments for double chin and to book an appointment.