Unfortunately, we don't have the secret to avoiding facial aging completely, but there are ways…
Aging is a natural part of life. You cannot stop it but you can slow it down and, in some cases, even reverse some of the telltale signs. Diet appears to play a key role in how your body ages. Consuming a diet that is rich in fruits and vegetables has been found to stave off heart disease and certain cancers.
Around the world, the population of seniors is burgeoning. It is estimated that as the baby boomer generation reaches retirement and enjoys a longer than ever before projected lifespan that the world’s elderly population will make up 20 percent of the population.
The recent strides in medical care have increased the lifespan of humans substantially but at a price. Nowadays, more people suffer from heart disease, diabetes, cancer, and dementia than ever before. To combat the health issues that come with an extended life people must be encouraged to live healthier and exercise.
Foods are Critical to Prevent Disorders
What you put into your body may be one of the most critical game-changers when it comes to slowing down the physical changes of aging. Fruits and vegetables have been found to contain compounds known as bioactives. Bioactives, such as flavanols, are believed to reduce the likelihood of cardiovascular disease. Fruits such as grapes, cacao, tea, grape wine, apples and certain berries are rich in the compounds. A diet with such substances prevents stiffened arteries and appears to lessen the potential for developing high blood pressure which all lead to heart disease and stroke. Also, certain foods appear critical in preventing cancers.
Natural Aging and Cosmetic Procedures
Even if you focus all of your efforts on consuming a healthy diet and receiving adequate daily exercise, you will still be faced with the inevitable outwards signs of aging. Fine lines and wrinkles are the hallmarks of older skin. Yes, nutritious foods and adequate hydration help plump out your skin’s cells and create a more vibrant and younger appearance but it will not completely eliminate the inevitable lines and wrinkles that occur with each passing year. However, there is hope to achieve younger looking skin through the use of cosmetic procedures.
- Chemical Peels and Microabrasion: Both techniques, chemical peels and microabrasion, all activate the collagen in your skin which naturally depletes with aging. The collagen starts to rebuild itself and plump out fine lines and wrinkles. Skin resurfacing restores the vibrancy of a person’s appearance.
- Dermal Fillers: Dermal fillers, such as Bellafill, are a safe option to fill out wrinkles or reduce their appearance. Dermal fillers can alleviate sagging and wrinkles. They also lift facial features that start to droop with the natural pull of yearly gravity.
- Fat Grafting: Fat from a donor is injected into key areas of the face to add plumpness and eliminate wrinkles for long-lasting results.
- Resurfacing: Resurfacing with various laser techniques spurs collagen production and smooths out skin for a rejuvenated appearance.
- Procedures: Certain cosmetic procedures such as a quick facelift, brow lift, eyelid lift, and neck lift all create a younger appearance surgically.