Injectable Muscle Relaxer
At Vargas Face and Skin Center, we offer a number of solutions aimed at reducing the appearance of wrinkles with botulinum toxins, a common type of muscle relaxer that is used in injectable fillers. Botox, Dysport and Xeomin are three of the most popular botulinum toxins.
What Are Botulinum Toxins?
Botulinum toxins are injections that relax the moving muscle that is creating unwanted lines. They are purified proteins that soften the facial muscles and typically last up to three months. Botulinum toxins are one of the most studied drugs and are used for many other medical issues other than cosmetics. Plus, they are FDA-approved!
The Benefits of Botulinum Toxins
Botulinum toxins have a wide variety of benefits, including:
- A more relaxed and rested appearance
- Quick onset
- Decrease in the appearance of wrinkles
- Allows skin and muscles to rest so wrinkles can be treated
- Works well for both treatment and prevention of wrinkles
- Evens asymmetries in the brows
- Opens the eye for a more youthful look, giving you the effect of a “mini” brow lift
Are Botulinum Toxins Safe?
Don’t let the word toxin scare you! Botulinum toxins are FDA-approved, are very safe and are considered a purified substance when used appropriately for cosmetic use. They are some of the most studied drugs and used for many other medical issues other than cosmetics.