You DON'T HAVE to live with thinning hair!
People with thinning hair or areas of hair loss now have options to restore and maintain scalp hair. There are many causes for hair loss in both men and women. The natural tendency for male and female hair loss is genetically inherited and begins to develop shortly after puberty. At Vargas Face and Skin Center in Kansas City, we employ modern surgical hair transplantation techniques that can restore lost hair and replace or re-shape your hairline. You can regain your own natural, growing hair - wash, style, and trim as you have always done before. Your transplanted hair grafts will fool even your barber or stylist.
Who can benefit from hair restoration:
- Men with male pattern baldness
- Women with female pattern hair loss
- Anyone who wishes to restore or re-shape their hairline
- Patients who have experienced hair loss after illness or surgery
- Anyone with areas of scarring on the scalp preventing hair growth
- Anyone who wishes to thicken or restore eyebrows, eyelashes or beards
- Anyone who wishes to have hair in an area where they have little or no hair
What to know about hair restoration:
Hair transplantation at Vargas Face and Skin Center is a safe and minor surgical procedure, with little or no discomfort in the grafted area.
- The first step in the Vargas hair transplantation procedure involves removing hair-bearing skin from the back or sides of the scalp (a source of genetically permanent hair, often called a "donor area").
- The second step is to place small follicular unit grafts onto the "recipient" area of the scalp where the bald or thinning area is located. In most cases, the areas of grafted hair will begin to grow naturally by 10 to 16 weeks after the procedure and continue to grow as normal.
Hair restoration treatments are performed in the Vargas Face and Skin Center office and are usually performed using local anesthesia. Patients return home the same day and resume normal activities in a short amount of time.
"I can't tell you what a pleasure it was to work with all of you guys! I don't know how Dr. Vargas built her team, but she has a "Top Notch" group!!! It was very impressive to watch! You guys all work so great together, everyone is so nice and you all represent the practice so beautifully! I'm sure it all stems from your amazing leader. I really can't say enough nice things about everything and everyone, it was just a perfect day!! I am looking forward to a chance to seeing you guys again. Thanks for all your help and allowing me to be a part of such a great day."
To schedule a hair restoration consultation with Vargas Face and Skin Center, please fill out our Contact Form and someone from our office will respond to your inquiry.