Do you have stubborn body fat that you just can’t seem to get rid of?…
Do you wish you had a slimmer, more contoured facial profile? Concerned about the appearance and heft of your face and neck? Then perhaps you should consider facial laser liposuction, a modern slimming alternative to traditional liposuction.
The minimally invasive procedure helps you sculpt your face and neck to the shape you want. It tightens the skin and restores vibrancy, as well as youthfulness, to your appearance. When you’re considering facial liposuction, you must know the physical and time requirements the procedure demands. You should also be aware of the post-treatment therapies you have to undergo to enhance the healing process.
What Is Facial Liposuction?
Facial liposuction is an alternative procedure for facial skin tightening that reduces the risks and recovery period linked with traditional liposuction. It’s minimally invasive and tightens the skin around the face and neck by extracting pockets of fat in those areas. The reduction allows you to sculpt your face to your ideal shape, creating visible results as soon as the procedure is over.
Physical Requirements of Facial Liposuction
Although it’s minimally invasive and doesn’t have the same risks and downtime of traditional liposuction procedures, some physical requirements can still make you an ideal candidate for facial liposuction.
- Your weight must be at least average or a little above-average for your body type and height. This means that there’s more easily accessible fat deposits in your face and neck, which can be extracted by the procedure easily.
- Your skin must still have its elasticity and be relatively smooth. Skin elasticity reduces with age and can be negatively impacted by lifestyle choices, such as smoking and alcohol consumption. If your skin elasticity is compromised, it may look loose and droopy after the procedure.
- Cheek dimples can be enhanced by facial liposuction. Depending on your preference, this may be something you’d want to consider before getting the procedure.
Who’s Not a Good Candidate
Liposuction for facial contouring comes with risks. Every patient has to meet the requirements before going under the knife.
When you’re considering this cosmetic procedure, your doctor will make sure of the following:
- You must not have any underlying medical conditions that could affect your ability to recover from the procedure. These conditions include heart disease, which can affect circulation and diabetes. The latter has a severe impact on wound healing, including increased risk of infection and neuropathy.
- You must not be a smoker. Although this depends on your doctor and the extent of the effect cigarette smoking has had on your skin, it’s preferable if you are a nonsmoker. Cigarette smoking has many negative effects on skin, some of which can make it risky to perform facial liposuction. Smoking can reduce wound healing and decrease the elasticity of your skin, both of which makes facial liposuction tricky.
- You must not have medically thin skin. Medically thin skin is less elastic and appears like tissue paper. Aging and overexposure to ultraviolet radiation can cause thin skin. Lifestyle choices, such as smoking and overconsumption of alcohol, can also be contributors. Thin skin also reduces your ability to heal.
Like most medical procedures, facial liposuction has an attached recovery period; the incision will have effects on your everyday life, too. You should also consider the financial cost of the procedure and its follow-up therapies.
The associated requirements of facial liposuction are as follows:
- It will take some time for you to fully recover from facial liposuction. Unlike liposuction performed on your stomach or other areas, you should be able to return to you normal activities and even go back to work within five days or fewer after the procedure. You’ll be fully recovered from facial liposuction within a month, maybe even within three weeks. Find room in your schedule where you can convalesce for one week after the procedure, so you can avoid schedule conflicts.
- Facial liposuction is a cosmetic medical procedure and, as such, isn’t covered by most insurance plans. The cost of the procedure also varies from clinic to clinic but usually costs about $2,500. Facial liposuction that uses laser or ultrasound technology to assist the procedure can be more pricey, but also quicker, than other procedures. Ask your preferred physician if they have financing options to defer the costs if possible.
- Impact on activities. Facial liposuction can be performed with either localized or general anesthetic. The aftereffects of such anesthetics can include slight wooziness, which means you should arrange for someone to assist you for at least the day after the procedure. You may experience slight pain and mild discomfort in your face and neck. These can be addressed with over-the-counter painkillers, like Tylenol. If the incision is made near your mouth, it may affect your ability to eat. Review the surgical plan proposed by your doctor and make plans to accommodate any impact it might have on your abilities.
Post-Treatment Therapy of Facial Liposuction
You may need post-treatment therapy after your procedure and during your recovery. These therapies are designed to help ease your skin to your new facial structure. Some of these therapies will also encourage loose skin to tighten once more and showcase your new facial profile. These therapies are essential in enhancing your healing process and ensure you can enjoy the slimmer face your procedure will give you.
Aside from therapies designed to aid in your recovery, you may also be interested in further cosmetic procedures. Facial liposuction can reveal possibilities for further refining your appearance, so that you may live your life with the face you choose.
Work with a professional and innovative cosmetic clinic for your facial laser liposuction or any further cosmetic procedures to enjoy quality results.
The Future of Facial Beauty
Vargas Face & Skin Center is a cosmetic and plastic surgery clinic providing professional medical procedures to men and women of all ages. Under the leadership of nationally-recognized facial plastic surgeon Dr. Hannah Vargas, our goal is to help our patients enhance their appearance with the latest technologies available to medical science.
Schedule a virtual consult with Vargas Face & Skin Center today.