Cosmetic Nose Surgery - Rhinoplasty
Your nose has a central position on your face and, therefore, slight imperfections in shape or size can overwhelm the natural beauty of your face.
Rhinoplasty is a common cosmetic surgery procedure often known as a "nose job" or "nose reshaping" process. As the nose is the most prominent feature of the face, the aim of the nose reshaping process is to correct structural abnormalities and create an aesthetic symmetry to the face. At the same time, rhinoplasty should also be sought to improve the function of the nose. In most all rhinoplasty cases, the appearance of the nose is altered by reducing the size or shape. It should be mentioned, however, that even a slight change to the nose can greatly impact the overall facial appearance for the better, as well as correct breathing difficulties.
A list of potential candidates for rhinoplasty
- If your nose appears too large or too small in relation to your facial structure
- If your nose is too thick or thin
- If the tip of your nose droops, protrudes or is enlarged
- If your nostrils are too wide or flared
- If you have a bump on the bridge of your nose
- If your nose has sustained injury and is no longer symmetrical
- If your nose naturally bends to one side or the other or is not symmetrical
- If you have problems with normal breathing that may be due to the structure of your nose
What to know about Rhinoplasty
There are many cosmetic and functional benefits associated with rhinoplasty and nose reshaping. Your in-depth consultation with Dr. Vargas will involve an extensive exam of your nose. Measurements and photos may be taken at this time. Although the decision to have elective nose surgery is highly individualized, it should be known that Dr. Vargas has extensive experience correcting many nasal defects, as well as performing revision surgery for those who were not satisfied with a previous rhinoplasty procedure.